About the RED and BLACK world
The Viet Nam Vets / Legacy Vets MC is an unique biker brotherhood. All members are 100% veterans who have honorably served their country in both war and peace. We come from two eras of American history, the Viet Nam era and the more current wars and conflicts. This is the reason for the two patch system of the VNV/LV MC. Never divided and always equal these two patches form a worldwide brotherhood unmatched by any other.
Brotherhood is the power of the mighty RED and BLACK nation. Due to inadequate support from our country we stand together as our own support network. Proud supporters of the POW/MIA issue we stand for all veterans to bring our brothers home. For more specific information about our mission visit: about the Viet Nam Vets and the about the Legacy Vets.
This philosophy is how the Viet Nam Vets / Legacy Vets has become a worldwide MC. Take a look at the club links section of this website to see a small sampling of where we are.
RED is for the blood that's spilt, BLACK is for the mourning
Does everyone have to prospect to become a member of the Viet Nam Vets or the Legacy Vets?
- Yes, everyone prospects. We make no exceptions, every Brother in the RED and BLACK has prospected for this club.
Why does everyone prospect? I did my prospecting for Uncle Sam blah blah blah.
- First off thank you for your service and welcome home. However everyone prospects, We make no exceptions. Your service qualifies you to walk the path to be become a Brother. The path for becoming a Brother requires prospecting.
Motorcycle Clubs are about Brotherhood. This Page has great information about MC's and why Brotherhood and prospecting are so important. This Page has general information about Motorcycle Club history and general information.
I was a patchholder in another club do I still have to Prospect?
- Yes, everyone prospects. We make no exceptions.
Do I have to own and ride a motorcycle to join?
- Yes, this is a motorcycle club. You must own a motorcycle over 650cc (strong preference for American made). You must be able to legally operate your motorcycle, be properly licensed, and insured.
I have a disability that prevents me from riding a motorcycle can I still join?
- You may be considered for non-riding status membership. For more information contact us, or ask a Brother.
I can still ride but I have to ride a trike. Can I still join?
I still have questions!
- Then contact us, or ask a Brother, we are everywhere.